[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

Erik Beijnoff erik.beijnoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:46:32 UTC 2017

I find Tom Z´s suggestions for tx selection algorithms healthy and think it’s good that proposals of this kind are openly discussed. I wholeheartedly support inclusion of them in Classic and other client software that find them useful.

I see no reason to try to interpret miner behaviour, especially when the argumentation rests on shaky foundation. If miners find the suggestions useful they will include them in their operations. To do that they must be offered the possibility to do so.

Fun fact - when I see perfunctory references to game theory I usually stop reading from there onwards, disregarding everything that follows.

Fun fact 2 - John Nash was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic. Although certain behaviour can be shown to be advantageous in some artificial and strictly controlled scenarios, care must be taken not to confuse those scenarios with the much more nuanced world in which we operate.