[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Thu Sep 21 08:16:56 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 21 September 2017 02:47:14 CEST Steve via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> unless this is part of consensus it will only have practical
> meaning until someone decides to stop being altruistic and maximise
> revenue.

There is no need for altruism, for the next 100 years we still have block
rewards.
In actual fact, fees are a tiny part of the miners income. (on BCC)

As this was your starting point, the rest of your logical argument stops
making sense.

What my original proposal suggests is to provide to people a better quality
of service, to provide to customers a more predictable and more fair (only
systemic abusers are disadvantaged) inclusion policy.
This *may* cost some fee income (again, just a small percentage of income),
but the benefits are quite big for the entire ecosystem which as a result
will most likely grow even faster.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io