[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

Tomas tomas at bitcrust.org
Thu Sep 21 09:45:08 UTC 2017

Sure. I am not proposing to relay and include everything. I didn't write
that.

But I believe a policy based on a single "priority formula" is neither
transparent not useful.

Consider this: If you add coinage to the general formula, does this also
mean wallets should calculate their fee estimation on coin age? I think
that makes sense for neither miners nor users. Coinage is only relevant
for 0-fee.

Some miners say: I want to include at most 5kb of free transactions with
min coinage X, where other miners say I reject all free transactions.

Having a complicated priority calculation and a minimum priority/max
size as only tool is much less useful, than actually configuring such
policy.

Tomas