[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

freetrader freetrader at tuta.io
Thu Sep 21 10:57:38 UTC 2017

> I’m just trying to figure out if there was any way for me to have known this,
and there wasn’t.

Ok, maybe you didn't know this, but ABC publishes the source code of its releases in the 'master' (default) branch on https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc , or here for direct list of commits:

https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/commits/master

The most recent commit there it titled "Update release notes for 0.15.0" .
If you inspect that commit, you can use the "View" button on Github to see the doc/release-notes.md document for the release:

https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/blob/67d83e7ce1657c3e59f7c2678eaeb30158abf1d5/doc/release-notes.md

For now the ABC project provides the changelog in the packaged files and links or pastes in announcement posts on social media like these 2 weeks ago where the topic was also discussed:

https://np.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6yq4ly/fresh_bitcoin_abc_release_0150_is_available

https://np.reddit.com/r/BitcoinABC/comments/6yuy53/bitcoin_abc_ubuntu_repo_has_been_updated_to_serve

I think it would be good to have the changelog for a version easier visible on the website or download area, and also the Gitian build signatures.

> I think that the very closed way of working in ABC caused this confusion.

That's a personal opinion which I don't share.

The fact is ABC puts the changelog information out there, and its way of publishing it has not changed much since the last couple of versions, and people seem to have few problems finding this information.

freetrader at tuta.io

GPG fingerprint: CC32 9A4F B0E4 1392 8295  05FE C07A 7C34 5E86 B06C

21. Sep 2017 12:30 by bitcoin-ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org: