[Bitcoin-ml] Transaction mining priorities.

freetrader freetrader at tuta.io
Thu Sep 21 13:50:25 UTC 2017

I must correct myself, since ABC 0.15.0 does not yet open up relaying of free transaction in its defaults, contrary to what I believed we still need to work on that.

Thanks to Andrea Suisani (sickpig) who cleared up my confusion on this. To quote him:

> D485 is modifying `getblocktemplate` in such a way that a certain amount of hiprio txns will get included in the block *if* they are present in the mempool.

The DEFAULT_LIMITFREERELAY value is still set to 0 (KB/s) which will prevent relay of free transactions unless overridden in user configs using 'limitfreerelay'. And 'blockmintxfee' default is also still 1000 satoshi, as is 'minrelaytxfee' default.

sickpig has a plan to relax these to enable free transactions, and D485 was just the initial step.

Apologies for my confusion on this point.

freetrader at tuta.io

GPG fingerprint: CC32 9A4F B0E4 1392 8295  05FE C07A 7C34 5E86 B06C

21. Sep 2017 12:30 by bitcoin-ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org: