[Bitcoin-ml] BLS Signatures

Tomas tomas at bitcrust.org
Mon Apr 9 13:56:37 UTC 2018

I agree this is a very promising path. It also seems such scheme would
make interactive aggregation (Schnorr) irrelevant and would make
transactions non-malleable.
On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, at 23:38, Jim Posen via bitcoin-ml wrote:

> Secondly, signature verification is definitely slower than with
> secp256k1. On my machine the secp256k1 verification benchmarks show
> ~75 us per ECDSA verification with libsecp256k1 and ~7 ms per pairing
> operation with https://github.com/ebfull/pairing.
It's interesting to note that the primitive operations in the rust
pairing library are also benching much slower than libsecp256k1 for the
field of similar size (Fr), which indicates a lot of optimizations may
be possible.
Tomas