[Bitcoin-ml] OP_Codes

Joshua joshua2014 at protonmail.ch
Fri Feb 23 22:02:55 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The interpreter code for the new opcodes is located on the bitcoin-abc phabricator instance at https://reviews.bitcoinabc.org/D1090. You can follow up through the related diffs by using going to the Revision Contents table and then clicking on Stack.

If you prefer Github I've got a personal repo located here (https://github.com/joshuayabut/bitcoin-abc/commits/enable-opcodes-rc5) with the commits so far... We've got the scripting engine and unit tests implemented already. Please keep in mind the code is still under review and it is still lacking an activation mechanism (which I am currently working on).

One thing that I think that may need to be worked on in the future is the benchmarking of opcode resource utilization; that way tx fees can be calculated in relationship to resource usage.

I think we're all re-experiencing the decentralized nature of Bitcoin development so I'm open to any and all comments/suggestions in order to expedite upgrading bitcoin.

As far as security issues are concerned, I get it... it's being factored throughout the development process as far as I can tell.

Contribution Guidelines here: https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

-Josh

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.