[Bitcoin-ml] ChainBet protocol

Tomas tomas at bitcrust.org
Tue Jun 12 14:41:01 UTC 2018

A 4-byte prefix followed by a payload is common practice.

It's not Jonald's proposal, but the proposed guideline here that is at
odds with common practice by not allowing an optional payload in the
same PD; frankly without much motivation.
> preserve a semantic isolation a facilitate big data processing

This isn't harmed by an optional payload.

> Ps: sorry, my initial reply to Donald was not intended for the whole
>     mailing list.
Maybe, in good Open Source development fashion, you should open a thread
in the mailing list regarding the prefix proposal, so it can publicly
discussed, and become an agreed-upon guideline?
Tomas

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018, at 14:28, Joannes Vermorel via bitcoin-ml wrote:
> Hi Jonald,
>
> Nice! FYI, the 4-byte prefix guideline[1] indicates that two distinct
> pushdata gets used, to preserve a semantic isolation a facilitate big
> data processing.>
> Best regards,
> Joannes
>
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 7:41 AM Jonald Fyookball via bitcoin-ml <bitcoin-
> ml at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:>> https://github.com/fyookball/ChainBet/blob/master/README.md

Links:

  1. https://github.com/Lokad/Terab/blob/master/spec/opreturn-prefix-guideline.md