[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Bitcoin Cash's mandatory replay protection - an example for B2X

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Tue Aug 22 09:15:27 UTC 2017

On Monday, 21 August 2017 21:11:50 CEST Jacob Eliosoff via Bitcoin-segwit2x
wrote:
> .  If an old non-upgraded wallet sends a tx after the
> split, how are the two chains supposed to know which one the user
> intended?  Assuming *either* one will harm some users.

Sorry, you lost me. What split?

SegWit2x is a protocol upgrade with 90% miner support. We’ve never seen a
chain-split due to a simple protocol upgrade like this before.

Without any chain-split risk, replay protection is just being incompatible
for no reason.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io