[Bitcoin-segwit2x] August Status Report for SegWit2x

Mike Belshe mike at bitgo.com
Wed Aug 23 15:45:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 08:14:15AM -0700, Mike Belshe via Bitcoin-segwit2x
> wrote:
> >    We handled the August 1st UASF and Bitcoin Cash chain splits as
> expected.
> >    -
> >
> >    Hashpower continues to signal 90+% support for SegWit2x
>
> This is a dishonest statement to make, as recently almost 50% of hashing
> power
> switched to mining BCH. That hashing power was obviously not signalling
> S2X.

Please check your inflammatory remarks about dishonesty at the door.

Here is my evidence from coin.dance.

[image: Inline image 1]

> Equally, this shows that hash power signalling is not a good metric: miners
> have proven that they follow money, not agreements.
>
> You and and all other S2X supporters need to stop making these dishonest
> hashing power support statements.

I believe your logic is incorrect.  We should concern ourselves with those
that are mining Bitcoin, not those that are not mining Bitcoin.

As you can see from the evidence provided above, those mining Bitcoin today
are signaling for SegWit2x.

As you can see from this graph below, the support for segwit2x is not only
above 90% now, but it has been for quite some time.  Counter your
implication that support is wavering, it is not.

[image: Inline image 2]

Finally, I resent your accusations of dishonesty.

*Peter, this type of disrespectful fighting talk is absolutely not welcome
on this list.*

Mike

--

*Mike Belshe*