[Bitcoin-segwit2x] August Status Report for SegWit2x

Gmail david.halten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:55:32 UTC 2017

Guys, please stick to facts. I am just a Bitcoin owner, but I understand programming and compliance/security: let us make BC great again :-)

Mvh,
David Halten

Den 23. aug. 2017 kl. 17.45 skrev Mike Belshe via Bitcoin-segwit2x <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org>:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 08:14:15AM -0700, Mike Belshe via Bitcoin-segwit2x wrote:
> >    We handled the August 1st UASF and Bitcoin Cash chain splits as expected.
> >    -
> >
> >    Hashpower continues to signal 90+% support for SegWit2x
>
> This is a dishonest statement to make, as recently almost 50% of hashing power
> switched to mining BCH. That hashing power was obviously not signalling S2X.

Please check your inflammatory remarks about dishonesty at the door.

Here is my evidence from coin.dance.

<Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 8.37.37 AM.png>

> Equally, this shows that hash power signalling is not a good metric: miners
> have proven that they follow money, not agreements.
>
> You and and all other S2X supporters need to stop making these dishonest
> hashing power support statements.

I believe your logic is incorrect.  We should concern ourselves with those that are mining Bitcoin, not those that are not mining Bitcoin.

As you can see from the evidence provided above, those mining Bitcoin today are signaling for SegWit2x.

As you can see from this graph below, the support for segwit2x is not only above 90% now, but it has been for quite some time.  Counter your implication that support is wavering, it is not.

<Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 8.44.31 AM.png>

Finally, I resent your accusations of dishonesty.

Peter, this type of disrespectful fighting talk is absolutely not welcome on this list.

Mike

--
Mike Belshe
CEO, BitGo, Inc