[Bitcoin-segwit2x] August Status Report for SegWit2x

Erik Voorhees erik at shapeshift.io
Wed Aug 23 23:18:32 UTC 2017

To be clear and consistent, Peter:  yes, if BCH earns highest proof of work and highest market cap over time, it will become Bitcoin in my opinion. Same with Bitcoin Core. Same with Btc1.

Whatsoever chain earns those trophy’s is Bitcoin. Further, while I don’t support BCH at all, and while I prefer SegWit2x over Bitcoin Core, I will happily and eagerly support and move forward *whichever* of those chains is dominant post-November. That chain will be Bitcoin, and I’ll keep working to support and grow it as I have since 2011.

Kind regards,
-Erik Voorhees
CEO ShapeShift.io