[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Addressing Segwit's anyone-can-spend "issue" with the hard fork?

Dr Adam Back adam at blockstream.com
Mon Jul 10 20:51:38 UTC 2017

It's not a risk factor, it's just a FAQ-level misunderstanding about
how soft-forks work.  Soft-forks are deployed on economic nodes first,
activation via flag-day, UASF or MASF is the final step.  A mined
block that is invalid according to a locked in soft-fork, is just an
invalid block.  Invalid blocks get mined from time-to-time and are
mostly unnoticed and largely not even relayed.  It's not the longest
chain, it's the most work valid-chain.

Adam