[Bitcoin-segwit2x] segwit2x rc Version 1.14.4 released

Jared Lee Richardson jaredr26 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 15:10:17 UTC 2017

> But anyway, let's take you at face value: that makes it clear that bit-4
is
*not* intended to be the segwit2x activation, just a way to activate segwit
at
80% hashing power.

You're still trying to convince yourself and others that the hardfork and
the segwit2x activation are separate or separable.  They are one and the
same, no matter what other people do or say.  Go re-read the agreement
please.

On Jul 18, 2017 10:58 AM, "Peter Todd via Bitcoin-segwit2x" <
bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 07:04:08AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
> > You need to update your comment on pull-req #58 stating that "If SegWit
is
> > purely Bit-1 then it won't trigger.", making it clear that you were
mistaken
> > about how the btc1 software actually worked; this has caused some
confusion
> > among journalists and the like.
>
> You are wrong on the facts.
>
> 1) The PR to which you refer is timestamped 13 days ago.  We can
> easily google and find clear explanations of "SegWit activation +
> 144*90 blocks" 30 days ago:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6i16gl/psa_how_
segwit2x_actually_works/dj2qdaz/

You're talking about a different activation method in that comment, and it
still doesn't explain what you meant by ""If SegWit is purely Bit-1 then it
won't trigger."

But anyway, let's take you at face value: that makes it clear that bit-4 is
*not* intended to be the segwit2x activation, just a way to activate segwit
at
80% hashing power. So again, you should fix the
Consensus::DEPLOYMENT_SEGWIT2X
terminology to correctly state it's DEPLOYMENT_BIP91, not segwit2x

Doing otherwise is misleading, and has been confusing the public.