[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Disabling of comments for urgent chain split bug

Jeff Garzik jeff at bloq.com
Wed Jul 19 00:05:20 UTC 2017

Peter,

1) The issue was generating noise from being linked on social media.
It will be unlocked after everyone has taken a chance to calm down a
bit.

2) At present, it does not appear to be a likely scenario:
https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/85#issuecomment-316204815

If you have some technical solution to propose, this mailing list
works just as well.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Peter BitcoinReminder.com via
Bitcoin-segwit2x <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Dear Jeff,
>
> I urge you to reopen the GitHub issue comments for
> https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/85
>
> It seems that this could cause several chain splits and I cannot understand
> how this issue is locked, it’s absolutely irresponsible.
>
> I urge you to reopen it and to accept comments to be able to communicate
> about countermeasures and to coordinate a proper progress on Segwit2x.
>
> Please listen to me and reopen the comments.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter

Jeff Garzik
CEO and Co Founder