[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Bitcoin Cash's mandatory replay protection - an example for B2X

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Wed Jul 26 03:59:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 11:20:24PM -0400, Charlie Shrem wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Please don't be condescending, you know exactly what Jihan meant.  We try
> to treat everyone with respect on this list. Dr. Back is a good example,
> while he does not agree with some people, I feel he is respectful.

Please don't jump to assuming malice here. That's not creating a productive
environment.

What Jihan said could have been meant for the Bitcoin chain, under the
interpretation that it "started" as a minority alt-coin when B2X forks off. Or
it could have been meant for Bitcoin Cash.

I didn't want to confuse the issue, particularly since I know there are
cultural differences in what terms the various non-English speaking communities
use for different coins. So I asked for clarification before responding.

We would all do well to avoid making assumptions here about what others'
viewpoints.