[Bitcoin-segwit2x] SegWit2X Working Group and list charter

Jeff Garzik jeff at bloq.com
Thu Jun 15 15:23:28 UTC 2017

This list and working group is organized in the spirit of other working
groups such as IETF, T10, T13 (or even USB 2.0), where key players - even
competitors - come together to execute on a common goal.  In my past
history at Red Hat, I've seen working groups where bitter Fortune-500
rivals, with lawsuits flying back and forth in the background, successfully
work together to produce a compatible, interoperable, vendor supported
network [or hardware] protocol.  The key is a focused, limited mission with
a well defined outcome.

This purpose of this working group and this list are not to rehash
inter-industry arguments, but to move beyond that and accomplish the
publicly stated goals (deliver SegWit + 2M HF).

Specific technical/operational/economic issues - precisely defined - are
on-topic.  Code review.  Test plan review and additions.   Testing and
study data.   Unique problems to test.   Improved solutions vs. what's
committed to the segwit2x release branch.   Contributing resources
(dev/test/nodes/other).

I'll kindly ask the other material to be in blog posts :)   This list goes
out to the entire working group, and the list must have a useful
signal-to-noise ratio and high productivity, otherwise people will start
unsubscribing.

Thanks!

                  Jeff

--