[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Segwit2X Test Plan

Jeff Garzik jeff at bloq.com
Sat Jun 17 01:05:55 UTC 2017

We're currently doing gitian builds right now, now that the "v1.41.1rc1"
tag has been applied for this first release.

You're welcome to join in the fun!
https://github.com/kleetus/docker-based-gitian-builder

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Gabriel Becedillas via Bitcoin-segwit2x <
bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Justin,
> I'll be deploying a node this weekend. Should I build the binaries myself
> or are there 'official' ones ?
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Justin Langston via Bitcoin-segwit2x <
> bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> With the alpha release on track for June 16th, the priority next week
>> will be testing. We are planning to conduct rounds of testing against the
>> new testnet5 including everyone from the working group who would like to
>> participate, tentatively scheduled for June 23rd (invite and dial-in to
>> follow).
>>
>> The goal is to progress through the Segwit2X deployment lifecycle and:
>>         • Simulate possible signaling/activation scenarios
>>         • Observe behavior of heterogenous client nodes on the network
>> throughout the deployment
>>         • Allow all WG members to identify any integration issues with
>> their stack
>>         • Load test with scripted transactions
>>                 • Simple boundary cases - 1MB / 1.1MB / 2MB / no segwit /
>> all segwit, etc
>>                 • Random transaction load approximating livenet
>>                 • Should help WG members assess any performance issues
>> they may have
>>
>> How you can help -
>>
>>         1. My perspective is limited, we need your feedback on what tests
>> would be essential for your company to adequately assess applicable risks
>> and be prepared to deploy on livenet, signaling accordingly, when the time
>> comes. Please provide any specific test cases you need incorporated into
>> the test plan, either directly to me or in this thread.
>>
>>         2. Deploy the alpha on testnet5 when it’s released
>> (details/instructions will be announced in the mailing list)
>>
>>         3. Test, reporting anything that needs to be addressed
>>

>> ---
>> Justin Langston
>> FADA 00D8 250D 47FD A54E D5DF EBB3 714C 72F9 FE5D

Jeff Garzik
CEO and Co Founder
Bloq, Inc.