[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Require a new Statement from NYA companies

Phillip Katete pekatete at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:07:43 UTC 2017

Anecdotal “evidence” or the NYA “causing” a split in the community barely has a place in a technical discussion, let alone that the NYA set out (as you clearly & rightly state) with the goal of keeping the community together. I’ll add that the community was already split therefore, and thus far, the NYA has done it’s best in the manner of implementing the upgrade code.

It may be worth considering that it is incumbent on the NYA signatories to ensure that there is no usable legacy chain post upgrade HF (a legitimate duty to “protect” users), and I have every confidence that the miners will see to this.