[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Require a new Statement from NYA companies

Alberto De Luigi mail at albertodeluigi.com
Thu Nov 2 16:53:42 UTC 2017

Actually the bitcoin Core developers never clarified why they are against segwit2x. There are no technical reasons. 2mb blocksize hf means very smooth change in 6 months, everybody knows it and can prepare, fullnodes do not costs more, or the cost increase is negligible. Even for people who can't afford good hardware, the costs are fully repaid by lower fees (if you do let's say 50 tx in a year).
They said we don't agree "because it is contentious"... but hey, what if you Core devs agreed to it since the 25th may? In that case no one would have ever said it is contentious, so no one speaking about replay protection, probably not even twitter and reddit trolls etc.
If protocol devs are not explaining themselves, we cannot expect people follow their instructions rather than the reason. If people are subordinate to politics and ideology, rather than reason, should we really plan a protocol upgrade considering their potential irrational behaviour?