[Bitcoin-segwit2x] September/October SegWit2x Status Update

John Newbery john at johnnewbery.com
Fri Nov 3 20:21:15 UTC 2017

As Alex has mentioned, I've been training new developers this morning, so I
haven't been following this thread. I'm at a non-profit initiative called
Dev++ which is attempting to address the real need for new developers in
the Bitcoin space: https://bitcoinedge.org/event/stanford-devplusplus-2017.
It's an offshoot of Scaling Bitcoin: https://bitcoinedge.org/, which is an
apolitical technical conference with representation from many voices in the
scaling debate.

Phillip, it should go without saying, but to be 100% clear and to avoid
misunderstanding:

I am AGAINST: violence, threats of violence, death threats, intimidation,
online bullying, verbal abuse, misogyny, discrimination, trolling and
unnecessary divisiveness in the Bitcoin space. I have spoken out against
these things in the past.

People who have interacted with me can vouch for my character. But why
trust them? My github and twitter accounts are public, as is my blog. Feel
free to look into those and decide whether you think I advocate violence.

I am FOR: clear and precise technical communication, so we can speak with
each other about the actual issues rather than talking past each other.
That's why I called Jeff out on his loose language. He should know better
than to call v0.15 buggy if he's simply referring to is issues.

Cheers,
John