[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Strong 2-Way Replay Protection

Jameson Lopp jameson.lopp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 21:18:55 UTC 2017

Whatever measure you may use for "strength" or "weakness" is irrelevant -
replay issues can affect any chain fork when there's inadequate protection
at the protocol layer.

Given the inability to force software updates in a permissionless system,
the optimal thing for groups that have already committed to deploy updated
software is for them to protect users of both forks, but you could argue
that this more an issue of morality. From a technical standpoint, as I
mentioned before, lack of native protection results in the responsibility
then falling upon the wallet and service layer.