[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Strong 2-Way Replay Protection

Emil Oldenburg emil at bitcoin.com
Mon Oct 9 01:39:25 UTC 2017

Chain splits happens once in a while, we had a chain split three days
ago, even though it didn't last as no miner built a block on top of the
AntPool block since the cost of burying it deep enough to reach more
than 100 confirmations so it can be sold, simply was too high.

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/blocks/orphans/1

Post HF, we will get a chain split, and blocks will be mined on both
chains. But the economic reality is that the non-upgraded legacy chain
face a significant risk of getting orphaned/abandoned. What is a good
definition of chain split? 1, 100, or 1000 blocks?

Emil Oldenburg, CTO
Emil at bitcoin.com
Visit the all new https://bitcoin.com
Wechat: emilold