[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Strong 2-Way Replay Protection

Mike Belshe mike at bitgo.com
Mon Oct 9 14:43:13 UTC 2017

I don't expect to convince you, but segwit didn't double the block size as
you claim.  You can witness the results yourself - more like a 3% increase
so far.  I expect it may get to a 50% increase in 8-10 months, but your
mileage may vary.  Even at theoretical max, its not a doubling.

Regardless, we should always be thinking about growing capacity.  I'm
interested in helping a much larger portion of the world have access to
Bitcoin, and we know we need to move forward.  This is a simple and easy
step.  I've never heard customers say "no thanks" to better scalability
except in Bitcoin.

Today, Bitcoin is small potatoes.  Want to make it really soar?  Make it
available to everyone.

Best,
Mike

*Mike Belshe*