[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Strong 2-Way Replay Protection

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Tue Oct 10 09:50:54 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 8 October 2017 23:38:50 CEST Alex Bosworth via Bitcoin-segwit2x
wrote:
> The Bitcoin Core process is quite unrelated to this question. Regardless
> of which code they do or do not merge into their repositories, it is the
> existing set of nodes with the existing set of software that is the
> question.

The vast majority of people use either SPV wallets or online wallets.
They will just follow the longest chain.

I’d like to point out that the only people that will have to upgrade are the
people that run a Bitcoin Core node while they are not miners etc.
Those individuals are doing it wrong anyway.

Instead of badgering the SegWit-workgroup, I think a much higher rate of
benefit can be reached by educating the people that run full nodes and
explaining how they are not in actual fact helping the network.
The simple fact is that if they didn’t run those nodes, this whole
discussion would not exist.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io