[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:41:20 UTC 2017

On 12 October 2017 at 14:49, Peter BitcoinReminder.com via Bitcoin-segwit2x
<bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Since F2Pool stopped signaling for the NYA[1] and slush also mines mostly
> non-NYA blocks, are you still going to fork off in November - splitting the
> chain intentionally?

This is good new information, thanks!

A sensible approach might be:

1. Allow the implementation of Schnorr signatures
2. In parallel, address the issues raised on the segwit2x codebase
3. Unfreeze the segwit2x code, and seek a dialogue with core on a timeline
for a 2x block size increase

The reason being that we've just had a capacity upgrade and segwit is
starting to kick in.  Blocks are less congested now.  Schnorr will likely
give another 30% capacity quite soon.  This will allow general hardware
increases to make moving to 2x blocks, without a contentious hard fork,
more practical.

Just my 2 cents.