[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

bitPico bitpico at icloud.com
Thu Oct 12 18:05:56 UTC 2017


This list is for development purposes not hearsay or speculation. If F2Pool would like to say something this is the place otherwise it’s hearsay.

Have an excellent day!

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Phillip Katete via Bitcoin-segwit2x <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> 
> We can safely and accurately deduce overwhelming support  for 2x from bit 4/BIP91 support because segwit only voting/signalling, despite being open for an extended period of time, never even achieved / sustained even half the required threshold until the NYA.
>  
> From: James Hilliard
> Sent: 12 October 2017 18:31
> To: Phillip Katete
> Cc: brian at ob1.io; bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org
> Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?
>  
> SegWit2x consists of BIP91 and a 2X HF, however bit 4 is not required
> to activate the 2X HF, it's only used to activate BIP91.  Bit 4
> signalling is not an accurate indication of 2X HF support, it's only
> an indicator for BIP91 support.
> 
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Phillip Katete <pekatete at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for clearing that up, at least we are now clear that without
> > SegWit2x, segwit would never have been activated seeing the pre bit 4
> > signalling on bit 1 never sustained anything near 35% (thus segwit had no
> > chance of being activated).
> >
> >
> >
> > From: James Hilliard
> > Sent: 12 October 2017 18:13
> > To: Phillip Katete
> > Cc: brian at ob1.io; bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org
> >
> >
> > Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still
> > happening?
> >
> >
> >
> > That's incorrect, f2pool was signalling on bit 1 well before bit 4.
> > The 2X hard fork activation logic in btc1 is also not triggered by bit
> > 4, it is triggered by the bit 1 activation of segwit regardless of
> > whether or not there was a bit 4 activation, bit 4 activation only
> > triggered BIP91 mandatory signalling.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Phillip Katete via Bitcoin-segwit2x
> > <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >> Whatever he may say he agreed to, the facts are that he voted to activate
> >> and lock-in SegWit2x on bit 4 (before voting on bit 1 to get the legacy
> >> clients activated and locked-in too).
> >>
> >> Despite the sabre rattling, f2pool will end up on the majority chain as
> >> they
> >> are not in the space to prop up core.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> From: Brian Hoffman via Bitcoin-segwit2x
> >> Sent: 12 October 2017 16:56
> >> To: Peter BitcoinReminder.com; Peter Todd via Bitcoin-segwit2x
> >> Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still
> >> happening?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Where have you been? Wang Chun has said they never were agreed to NYA post
> >> segwit so what’s your point exactly?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> It’s obvious that there will be a chain split at this point.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:53 AM Peter BitcoinReminder.com via
> >> Bitcoin-segwit2x <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I was just pointing out that F2Pool just stopped NYA signaling some hours
> >> ago - which is a new information.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> And still nobody answered my question if you know acknowledge that there
> >> will be a chain split for sure and you are intentionally splitting off?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Am 12.10.2017 um 17:50 schrieb Jeff Garzik <jeff at bloq.com>:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> It is information over a month old. See counter.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Bitcoin-segwit2x mailing list
> >> Bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org
> >> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-segwit2x
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Brian Hoffman
> >>
> >> President
> >>
> >> OB1
> >>
> >> (571) 205-4967
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Bitcoin-segwit2x mailing list
> >> Bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org
> >> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-segwit2x
> >>
> >
> >
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-segwit2x mailing list
> Bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-segwit2x
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/attachments/20171012/a027cde6/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Bitcoin-segwit2x mailing list