[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Ryan Selkis selkisr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 20:30:58 UTC 2017

This seems to be a relevant technical question: "If there are other miner
defections in the coming weeks, what is the minimum amount of hashpower
required before the fork gets delayed?"

I am not convinced one of this group's primary assumptions - that it
represents the true economic majority of bitcoin - is correct, and it seems
more evidence is accumulating that further contradicts this (e.g. rising
volumes and growing spread between BT1 and BT2 on Bitfinex). We could see
additional tangible evidence of that lack of support if NYA supporting orgs
see an upcoming surge in withdrawals (like Coinbase with the BCH fork).

2x proponents have held up hashing power and their representation of the
economic majority as the mandate to push this HF. If the true economic
majority appears to reject 2x, it is possible other miners may back out of
the NYA as well. I, too, would like to know the answer to Peter's question.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Peter BitcoinReminder.com via
Bitcoin-segwit2x <bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I’m not Peter Todd, we just share the same (nice) firstname.
>
> I still didn’t get an answer what the minimum amount of hashpower is
> required, before the fork is getting delayed?
> We have to plan time for the whole security measures etc, so I think it’s
> reasonable to get more information about this?
>

> Am 12.10.2017 um 21:53 schrieb bitPico <bitpico at icloud.com>:
>
> Without you knowing why they stopped signaling this is FUD and off-topic
> for this list. Please instead let F2Pool  state their own opinion here
> since yours doesn’t count. If you think your opinion does count then show
> us your blocks that your pool has produced; until then you are simply an
> end-user and still you are off-topic for this list. If you need ELI5 for
> how this list works please let us know and we can help you Peter Todd.
>
> Have a groovy day!
>
> On Oct 12, 2017, at 8:49 AM, Peter BitcoinReminder.com
> <http://bitcoinreminder.com/> via Bitcoin-segwit2x <
> bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Since F2Pool stopped signaling for the NYA[1] and slush also mines mostly
> non-NYA blocks, are you still going to fork off in November - splitting the
> chain intentionally?
>
>> [1] https://imgur.com/LgYdFKw

Ryan Selkis
Hoboken, NJ 07030