[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Bitcoin Error Log bitcoinerrorlog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:15:13 UTC 2017

The futures market is showing economic consensus support for S2X fork at
about 12% right now. Miners can't afford to mine at 12% of value. It is not
impossible that this fork you are making will have minority hashpower very
quickly, or even from the start.

Forking the miners does not fork the users automatically, and it does not
create demand for their new blocks. You need to get serious about
protecting your own fork from this situation, or call off the whole thing
entirely.

You only have a majority consensus of miners and no other players in this
incentive structure. Even with the miners, most of your signaling is just
that, and only by pools. Individual miners will mine what is most
profitable, and if that is the original Bitcoin, that IS what they will
mine.

John C
Bitcoin Error Log
www.bitcoinerrorlog.com