[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:55:04 UTC 2017

On 13 October 2017 at 12:45, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13 October 2017 at 12:30, Phillip Katete <pekatete at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The disingenuity here is “painful to watch”. First you make hay of
>> f2pool switching off NYA signaling intent THEN you rubbish signaling intent
>> as cheap and not worthy of consideration as a metric. More worryingly, you
>> then want to predicate the HF on miner signaling at the 80% threshold. So
>> which is it then?
>>

>> Even with the EDA induced hash oscillations, I am confident hash at and
>> post fork will mirror signaling intent.
>>

> 24h signaling fell to 79.86% [1]

NYA signaling is now down to 77.70% in the last 24h (down from over 90% a
day ago)

https://coin.dance/blocks

This does not take into account ViaBTC which may support either chain, but
are currently signaling 100% NYA.

However, much hash is mining bitcoin cash right now, and probably
favourable to seg2x

Additionally, you can monitor the futures market in realtime

https://cryptowat.ch/bitfinex/bt2btc

Currently trading at 10.6% of bitcoin (down from over 20% a day ago)

You may wish to consider these metrics a source of new information for this
project.  And / or watch them as they develop.