[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Cedrick Perrigo cedrickperrigo at protonmail.com
Sat Oct 14 08:37:19 UTC 2017

Put it the other way around: Core/Blockstream trollers should consider its campaign failed if it does not get more than 50% hashrate support.

I do not understand why currently Core thinks that F2Pool stopped signalling does something good to them. F2Pool has a history of switching sides and is an unstable factor. Given the characteristics of F2Pool founders, it is likely that they might switch sides again and again before the fork date. How does this feel victorious for Core?

With less than 20 percent of the hash power, Core will be a centralized network after the fork date -- there will be more than 50 percent of blocks mined by F2Pool and 90 percent of blocks mined by F2Pool and Slush Pool. F2Pool can easily attack the whole Core network and make it unusable. Combined with slow block rates and high fees that will at least last three months, I don't think any sane people would use that network.

Compared with Core, Segwit2x is much more decentralized with many more miners and business support. It is basically Blockstream/Core vs. everyone else.

Besides, the continued trolling from Core has driven those who did not pick a side away. I've always seen Jeff, Emil, Erik and many others patiently answer questions regarding relay protection and else. In Core, you will be welcomed by personal attacks and "NACK"s without any reason.

For a normal user like me, with most businesses I use like BitPay, Coinbase, ShapeShift and many others in segwit2x, plus the additional benefits of low fees, there is no reason for me to stay in Core. There is also a silent majority of users who won't publicly express their opinions because of all the Core trolls.

Good luck to Core, and hope all Bitcoin people can stay together.