[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Satoshi Nakamoto said...

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 15:09:06 UTC 2017

On 14 October 2017 at 16:58, Scott Roberts via Bitcoin-segwit2x <
bitcoin-segwit2x at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> August 15, 2015:
>
> The developers of this [XT] pretender-Bitcoin claim to be following my
> original vision, but nothing could be further from the truth. When I
> designed Bitcoin, I designed it in such a way as to make future
> modifications to the consensus rules difficult without near unanimous
> agreement. .... Nearly everyone has to agree on a change, and they
> have to do it without being forced or pressured into it. By doing a
> fork in this way, these developers are violating the "original vision"
> they claim to honour.

Satoshi is not with us, and has not been for a while.

I think the quote you may be looking for is :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1347.msg15139#msg15139

"Don't use this patch, it'll make you incompatible with the network, to
your own detriment.

We can phase in a change later if we get closer to needing it."

I'm not sure it's all that relevant, today.  Except that there are mixed
opinions on that last bit.