[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Mike Belshe mike at bitgo.com
Sat Oct 14 17:13:01 UTC 2017

Hey Adam -

Your long and winding messages are often hard to follow ;-)

A few succinct replies:
   a) The SPV wallets will follow the longest chain; if Core diverges from
the longest chain, Core will be alienating 15+million wallets.  I think
this is a shame, but I know we disagree.

   b) Counter to your claim, BTC1 is not changing up to 5 days before the
fork.  It's an open source project, so I don't control it, but general
sentiment is that it is done for now.  The team prefers to keep it stable
rather than add various opt-in replay protections that both sides seem to
not like anyway.

   c) You claim that "most smart phone wallets" will not follow the longest
chain.  I believe this is untrue.  Can you tell me which wallets you're
referring to?

Mike

*Mike Belshe*
*CEO, BitGo, Inc*408-718-6885