[Bitcoin-segwit2x] F2Pool backing out of NYA - Fork still happening?

Kekcoin kekcoin at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:59:01 UTC 2017

Right, "SPV wipeout protection" is inherently impossible for any 2X-agnostic wallet (a big target demographic for Jeff Garzik et al.) I would venture that this situation (weak wipeout protection) might be worse than no wipeout protection at all, as it is hypothetically possible that the two chains keep overtaking each other in terms of most work, and SPV wallets keep jumping back and forth. Let's hope that all wallets build in 2X-awareness to head off this attack vector.