[Bitcoin-segwit2x] PROPOSAL: B0RG (Bitcoin zero replay, guarantee) - Ensuring a smooth 2X upgrade without a chain split

Phillip Katete pekatete at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:28:28 UTC 2017

Chris –  on that specific issue my point is that it does not matter what the consensus is on whether there’s going to be a network split (we’ll ignore the degrees of splits here), what matters is that coding and implementing RP that encourages the speculated split is contra to the NYA WG ToR and would certainly render the agreement voidable. No amount of “pressure” can yield the outcome that a small section of the community craves (in my understanding), aka the implementation of RP that encourages a split.

But like I mentioned earlier, the chain split is an expected outcome, it is another story all together when it comes to a viable legacy chain san HF post Nov HF.