[Bitcoin-segwit2x] PROPOSAL: B0RG (Bitcoin zero replay guarantee) - Ensuring a smooth 2X upgrade without a chain split

Jacob Eliosoff jacob.eliosoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:06:32 UTC 2017

I'm against this B0RG proposal.

1. Of course, ceteris paribus we'd all rather end up with one Bitcoin chain
than two, or 3-5 or whatever.

2. Like most users, I'd avoid a chain that easily *could* be snuffed out by
miners this way, just as I wouldn't use a bike lock known to be easily
broken.  Using an exploitable system because you trust people not to
exploit it is not very Bitcoin - which is exactly why miner support is
important.

3. All that said, the reality is both 1x and 2x have many people who want
to use them.  Those users will reasonably perceive B0RG orphaning as an
attack.  I say let users have the chain(s) they want, and I do not condone
this sort of attack.