[Bitcoin-segwit2x] PROPOSAL: B0RG (Bitcoin zero replay, guarantee) - Ensuring a smooth 2X upgrade without a chain split

Ben Kloester benkloester at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 02:21:48 UTC 2017

It there are two chains, which seems all but guaranteed at least in the
short run, then you are simply mistaken. The P2P networks are likely to be
disjunct, for a start, even if transactions constructed by a 1x node are
valid on 2x (and vice versa, due to no replay protection). Furthermore, a
2x and a 1x node will disagree about what is the tip of the chain, which
means that from the fork onwards they have a different ledger state (utxo
set), which will obviously matter when it comes to validating transactions.

So what you say is trivially incorrect. For someone that harps on about
using this list for only technical discussion, you seem to have a pretty
inadequate technical understanding of things.

I once strongly supported the 2X fork, but you and your ilk certainly don't
help its case with behaviour and discussion like this.

*Ben Kloester*