[Bitcoin-segwit2x] September/October SegWit2x Status Update

Jeff Garzik jeff at bloq.com
Wed Oct 25 18:57:33 UTC 2017

Chris,

There is no reallocation of time or commitment.   Metronome and Bloq are
off-topic on this list, so I'll only cover this once.

I run a company, Bloq, with over 25 team members -- not just one.  Just
like many other companies, we have multiple projects running
simultaneously, and Metronome is one of those.  Our primary product is
BloqEnterprise, which is a supported-Bitcoin product in the style of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux.  Majority of Bloq revenue comes from Bitcoin.  If you
are a large enterprise that needs Bitcoin support (or a very well funded
startup), we would be happy to discuss a customer agreement.
BloqEnterprise v1 is Bitcoin-only; BloqEnterprise v2 will be adding other
chains to our product, such as Litecoin or Bitcoin Cash, as well as Eth/Etc
support, based on customer demand.

Our vision at Bloq has always been:  Multi-chain, multi-token,
multi-network, with Bitcoin - BTC - as the root of a security tree.

As for btc1:   As was stated in August, months ago, the code is in feature
freeze until after the fork.  It is a software engineering goal to keep
changes to an absolute minimum, and that is what btc1 is doing.

After the fork, btc1 will be continuing as a sort of "Fedora for Bitcoin"
-- very exciting stuff, and a useful way to risk adjust versus Bitcoin Core
instability or feature selection.   Several btc1 members have proposed new
btc1 changes for post-fork, large and small.  It will be a very nice
addition to the Bitcoin community to have an additional outlet for feature
requests such as this one, a small change that makes life easier for
DevOps: https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/107

Jeff Garzik
CEO and Co Founder
Bloq, Inc.