[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Orderly Process for Coin-Splitting after the fork

Hugh Madden hugh at anxintl.com
Wed Oct 25 19:41:35 UTC 2017

If I understand correctly, using s2x's opt in replay protection is the only
option that will work safe without needing ongoing splitting for every utxo.

With ETH/ETH account based blockchain you could just do something to
invalidate the nonce and job done.

With 1X / 2X I think you need to split every single uxto.

Easier I think to just use the opt-in replay protection.

The helps with the sends side of the equation.

The bigger issue is deposits and extended period chain reorgs due to flip
flopping of hash rate over the two chains.

I don't have any solution for this except an extended outage. Any thoughts
on how many blocks are required to be safe from extended period chain
reorgs ?