[Bitcoin-segwit2x] PROPOSAL: B0RG (Bitcoin zero replay, guarantee) - Ensuring a smooth 2X upgrade without a chain split

Hjalmar Peters Hjalmar.Peters at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 00:08:00 UTC 2017

Your confidence relies on miners being driven exclusively by economic incentives. However, maybe some Chinese miners have to obey instructions from their government, and maybe this government prefers to see Bitcoin failed. Even if considered unlikely, given the consequences, it might be worth keeping the possibility of large reorgs in mind. (I warned about this scenario before in https://medium.com/@HjalmarPeters/the-big-blockers-bead6027deb2 )