[Bitcoin-segwit2x] September/October SegWit2x Status Update

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 09:49:33 UTC 2017

On 25 October 2017 at 22:53, Jacob Eliosoff <jacob.eliosoff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> FYI: latest metric is NYA signaling at 75% in the last 24h [1], with the
>> position of ViaBTC still unclear
>>

> For the record, the drop from 85% to 77% appears to be entirely because in
> the last 24 hrs F2Pool shot up from ~7% to ~15%.  We'll see if they
> maintain that or if it's just a blip, but it's not because, eg, another big
> miner/pool stopped signaling 2x.  (If one does, many of us will be
> interested to hear about it!)

Good point!

FYI: GBMiners are now signaling NYA intermittently.  Was off for 2 blocks
in a row, then back.  Hard to know what this means.

And ViaBTC are signaling NYA despite saying they'll support both chains.

I am unsure that it is at this point logical to assume that NYA signaling,
is the strong predictor of future behavior that was originally anticipated.

If nothing else, this unfolding story, will perhaps be a lesson we learn.
Measurable consensus remains an important goal for both chains.