[Bitcoin-segwit2x] Wayniloans on SegWit2x

Juan Francisco Salviolo juan.salviolo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:26:57 UTC 2017

Dear all,

On Wayniloans part or our business is achieved thanks to Bitcoin, and on
May we agreed to a sentence to reach consensus for the good of the
ecosystem. This sentence was later changed to a longer agreement without
our notice, and it was known as the New York Agreement (NYA).

At the time we didn't know that existing developers wouldn't support it, or
that most Latin American Bitcoin users, our customers, would view it as an
contentious proposal.

Also, without mandatory replay protection (not opt-in) on SegWit2x, we
wouldn't be able to operate the crypto part of our business without risk of
missing funds or legal actions.

So with existing conditions we can no longer be part of what later became
the NYA.

best
Juan