[Bridge] Re: ebtables target to disable an interface

Bart De Schuymer bdschuym at pandora.be
Sat Aug 9 05:07:46 PDT 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 15:23, Eble, Dan wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not the best fit for the system I'm
> working in.  (Carrying the reasoning further, I could have the kernel log
> *everything* it does and...)
>
> Is there a problem with bringing down the interface from inside?

I don't know the details by heart, but the code to bring a bridge port down
probably expects being called from user context, not from within softirq.
That code can probably sleep, which is not allowed inside softirq.
Problems with removing ports that are the in-port or out-port of currently
processed frames will show up too.

cheers,
Bart