[Bridge] Re: [2.4.22] bad interaction between e100 and bridge: BUG at dev.c:991!

Hannes Schulz schulz at schwaar.com
Wed Sep 3 07:56:06 PDT 2003

>Could the problem be that the e100 can do IP receive checksumming on
>the board,
>but the eepro driver doesn't enable it.  When the board is doing checksum
>offload, then the csum field isn't set.
>
>Please try disabling receive checksumming on the e100 driver
>
>	modprobe e100 XsumRX=0
>
>If this is the problem, it exists both 2.4 and 2.6.

If have just booted into 2.6.0-test4. Unplugging works, but the
console is flooded with:
last-F IN=br0 OUT=br0 PHYSIN=eth1 PHYSOUT=eth0 SRC=10.96.96.25 DST=10.96.96.255

[last-F ist the last rule in my FORWARDING iptable and does log+drop]

Obviously I must allow forwarding br0 <=> br0.

While I am writing this the counter on the FORWARDING rule -i br0 -o
br0 -j ACCEPT has reaches 2000+ packets with eth0 unplugged and the
kernel ist still running.

In both 2.4.22 and 2.6.0-test4 all of netfilter and advanced routing
ist set to M. In 2.6.0-test4 this includes ebtables.

Hope that helps

Hannes