[Bridge] eth1394 interface support?

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Wed Aug 11 13:48:17 PDT 2004

I shudder at the thought.... but... if you want bridging between 1394 and
Ethernet or wireless interfaces, you can do it in W2K3 or WinXP...

Again I know.... gross... but it works if you can stand windows...

You can also use ProxyARP which is a kludge but it can work, provided that
1394 under linux can do ARP in the usual 802 way...

P.S. I don't know if this has been brought up and please don't take it as a
demand for features, just a query, but has support for bridging disparate
interface types been considered or attempted?

True hardware bridges/switches can bridge between wired/wireless,
tokenring/Ethernet FDDI/Ethernet HIPPI/Ethernet, etc etc etc... It would be
cool if linux could do it for the firewalling capabilities and because
hardware like that can be very expensive...

Does anyone know how windows is doing it? Is it more of a ProxyARP than a
bridge?

    -Chris