[Bridge] BCP status

Petter Larsen petter.larsen at morecom.no
Tue Aug 24 00:41:10 PDT 2004

Hello Stephen

> > There are several RFC that defines BCP.
> > - RFC 1638
> > - RFC 2878
> > - RCF 3518
> >
> > Which RFC have you used in your code?
>
> Actually, none of the above. The code is based on the IEEE 802.1d
> standard, and doesn't know anything about PPP or VLAN's (yet).

Ok. I can't understand that it does not know anything of PPP.
The patches that Dan has submitted is patching the pppd and the
ppp-driver in the Linux kernel.

Are you the maintainer of this code? I thought that it was Dan Eble.
Have you started the work of integrating this to the mainstream kernel,
2.4.x and 2.6.x?

Best regards
--
Petter Larsen