[Bridge] Brctl addif <bridge> ppp0

Wise, John jwise03 at harris.com
Mon Feb 23 09:52:41 PST 2004

Greetings,

I'm trying to do  ethernet (eth0 or eth1) to PPP (ppp0 or ppp1) bridging using
the Linux kernel facilities and brctl. The command in the subject line, brctl
addif bridge1 ppp0, returns an br_add_interface: Invalid argument response. I've
seen several others have run in to this via google groups, but I didn't see any
what I am trying is unsupported and won't work, or if there some kind of likely
operator error that I'm locked in.

Linux install: Red Hat 9
Brctl: installed from rpm on website

Thanks and regards,