[Bridge] Re: [VLAN] newbie problems

Dante dante at thaumaturge.org
Mon Jan 26 07:36:01 PST 2004

Thanks for the reply.

You are quite right about the routing, and i've advanced to the bridging
part.
But it will not work. I've finaly gotten access to the switch it's
connected to and from the logs i've got this output:

Jan 26 16:49:56: %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with
inconsistent peer vlan id 4 on GigabitEthernet0/1 VLAN40.
Jan 26 16:49:56: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_PEER: Blocking GigabitEthernet0/1
on VLAN0004. Inconsistent peer vlan.
Jan 26 16:49:56: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking GigabitEthernet0/1
on VLAN0040. Inconsistent local vlan.

As the logs show, it's getting blocked.
It happens when i add the second vlan interface to the bridge (br0)
interface. The physical interface is still connected to the cisco switch
with a single cable to a trunked port.

I'm pasting the configuration of this port:
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 switchport trunk native vlan 10
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 duplex full

Pasting bridgeinfo:
root at testbridge:~# brctl show
br0             8000.000103bdb23b       no              eth0.4
                                                        eth0.40

(stp on/off have no diff)

Anyone got any good ideas? (design flaws?)
Posting this also to the bridging list

-Dante