[Bridge] Bridge support unavailable

Bert Hubbs bhubbs at mbgdocs.com
Wed Jul 14 15:37:35 PDT 2004

I don't have a modules.conf. I have modprobe.conf and it has alias
entries for network adapter/driver. I added "alias br0 bridge" but no
change.
During boot something is trying to call the bridge up but it can't find
brctl. Loopback loads then bridge then the three network cards.
This may come as no surprise but I just discovered that even though I
was able to build the bridge, when I performed a ifup br0 I got the same
message I get at boot time.

I'm wondering now if I didn't get brctl installed properly. I never
found definitive installation instruction so I wondering if anyone knows
the installation procedure. Do I do a "configure" then a "make" and then
a "make install" or just "install"?

Bert Hubbs
McGlinchey Stafford and
Youngblood & Bendalin, PLLC