[Bridge] Bridge ipaddress stop responding

Riccardo Cazzola r.cazzola at it-d.com
Wed Jul 21 04:04:38 PDT 2004

Hello,
I'm trying to use bridge to connect my wireless lan with my wired lan.
I configured an ip adress on the br0 interface to reach the linux box.
At the beginning all proceed as I suppose: the bridge is operative and I
can ping (and also ssh connect) my linux box.
After a night, the bridge is still functioning (the client obtain an
address from dhcp, surf the web, check mail, etc.) but if I ping the
address of the bridge I only obtain a request timed out.
I nedd to reach the bridge to use it as a vpn concentrator for my
roadwarriors
I'm using slackware 10, but the same problem I had with knoppix/debian